In general, expenses are reimbursable if they have a bona fide business purpose.
- If there are university guests who incur legitimate transportation expenses to attend university business, then those expenses are generally reimbursable.
- Keep in mind that if you submit an actual ticket for reimbursement, there would be no related mileage reimbursement allowed.
- Tickets may be purchased via the CATS mobile app, at a ticket vending machine located at train stations, or online through the CATS online pass sales store.
- Note: For online purchases, there is a minimum total purchase amount, an additional mailing and processing fee is assessed by CATS, and tickets must be purchased several business days before use to allow time for delivery via mail.
There is currently not a way to provide a ticket to a visitor before their visit unless it is mailed. Parking and Transportation Services (PaTS) is working with CATS on a solution to this situation. As more information becomes available, this FAQ will be updated.
- See this FAQ for information on purchasing a CATS light rail all-access transit pass or ticket for employees using University funds.
|Content by Label|
|cql||label = "travel-light-rail" and type = "page" and space = "FAQ"|