- In the Kaltura Capture app, click the Camera icon to turn it off
Click the Screen drop-down arrow to select recording options
Mac OS Catalina users
If you are using a Mac with OS Catalina (10.15) installed, you need to grant screen recording permission by choosing System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy > (unlock the padlock) > Choose "Screen Recording" > Check KalturaCapture. Repeat this process for "Camera" and " Microphone" > (lock the padlock). For more information, refer to the FAQ for directions on how update your security and privacy settings
- Choose the monitor to record
- Choose the area size to record
- Click the Audio drop-down arrow to select the microphone you want to use
- Click the Start Recording button when you are ready to start the recording
- Anytime during a recording, you can click Draw (Pencil button) to use the notation tools
- The drawing tools can be used to draw freely on the screen during the recording
- The notation tool panel is comprised of the following:
- Drawing tool: Use to draw freely on your screen.
- Cursor tool: Change your cursor back to a regular cursor from before you started using the notation tools.
- Select tool: Select a notation you created to move it on the screen.
- Text tool: Type text anywhere on your screen.
- Arrow tool: Use to draw an arrow to point out a specific element on your screen.
- Select color: Select the color you would like to make your notations.
- Line size: Change the line size of your notation.
- White board: Open a new whiteboard for additional annotations.
- Clear notations: Clear all the annotations you've added to the screen.
- You can stress important points by drawing a circle around them, or highlight important aspects
- Click Stop Recording when you are finished recording
- Click Yes, Stop it to verify you want to stop recording. The Kaltura Capture dialog box is displayed
- In the Title area, enter a title for recording
- Enter optional Description and Tags information
- Save the recording by either clicking the Save & Upload option or the Save option