Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata
- To close a protocol, complete the IRB Renewal/Closure form (at Renewing or Closing A Study) indicating that the protocol is terminated. Take care not to close a protocol too soon. Research protocols should remain active until all research related intervention or interactions with human subjects are complete and all data collection and data analysis are finished.
- Once a protocol is terminated, no more data may be collected and no more contact with participants for research purposes is allowed.
- The protocol should remain active:
- If you are collecting data about participants even when no participant contact is necessary.
- If you are still “cleaning” data.
- If you are conducting data analysis for research purposes in preparation for publication.
- Until the thesis or dissertation defense is complete.