After you have uploaded your video to My Media, you can easily embed it on a Canvas Page. This will stream the video from the external Kaltura streaming server, optimizing playback based on a viewer's device and save storage space in your Canvas course (limited to 5GB).
- Open the course in which you want to embed your video on a Page
In your course navigation menu, click Pages
Grayed Out Pages Link
The Pages link will be grayed out if you have not yet created any pages or if you have hidden the link in the navigation menu.
- On the far right, click +Page
- Type a name for your page
- In the Content Editor, place the cursor where you want to embed the video player
- In the bottom row of the formatting toolbar, click the blue Embed Kaltura Media tool. The Embed Kaltura Media page is displayed
- To the right of the thumbnail of the video you want to embed, click the arrow next to the Select button
- In the drop-down menu, select the video player size. We recommend Large
- The embedded video will appear as a gray rectangle in the Content Editor. Click Save & Publish
- The embedded video player will display on the page. Click the Play button to view. You can now link to the page anywhere in your Canvas course
viewed 596 times