Kaltura Capture allows you to create videos using your webcam, screen capture, and audio.
- Login to Canvas
Access a course in which My Media is enabled
- Click the My Media in the navigation menu of your course
- On the My Media page, click Add New drop-down button
- Select Kaltura Capture
On the Kaltura Capture Desktop Recorder page, click the download link for your operating system. In this example, we've selected Download for Mac
- Save the file to your computer (not illustrated)
- Once downloaded, click the file to install the Desktop Recorder on your computer and follow steps to completion (not illustrated)
- In the Kaltura Capture Desktop Recorder window that opens, note that you're asked to launch the Desktop Recorder from the 'Add New' menu in Canvas. Click OK
- In Canvas, click on My Media in the course navigation menu
- On the My Media page, click on Add New, then Kaltura Capture again
- The Kaltura Capture Desktop Recorder will launch. Select your Screen, Camera, and/or Audio device to record. See What is the Kaltura Capture tool in Canvas? to find links to each type of recording
After you install the Desktop Recorder, you will have a shortcut on your desktop
to launch it going forward.