These instructions assume that you have already created a Interactive Video Quiz in Kaltura (My Media) and will be automatically integrating the quiz grades into Canvas Gradebook.
- Create a video quiz in your My Media area - See how to create a Quiz using Kaltura's Interactive Video Quiz (IVQ) tool
- In your Canvas course click on the Assignments navigation tab
- Click the + Assignment button to add a new assignment
- Within the Create new assignment (Rich-content editor), enter the title of the assignment, instructions for the assignment (do not add any Kaltura content) in the text-editor including any file attachments, points for the assignment, and how the grade will be displayed
- Select submission type External Tool
- Click Find to search for an external tool. A Configure External Tool popup dialog box will appear
- Select Kaltura Video Quiz as the external tool
Click Select to choose a video quiz from My Media.
A video that is an Interactive Video Quiz (IVQ) has a cube icon before the name of the video.
- Click Select again in the Configure External Tool window
- The Configure External Tool dialog box shows the URL of the Kaltura Video Quiz tool for the Assignment
- Assign Due, Available from, and Until dates and times if applicable
- Click Save & Publish to save the assignment
- When your students click the assignment, they will be able to view, answer, and submit the quiz questions in the video. The grade from the quiz will automatically be sent to the Canvas Gradebook for this assignment and student
viewed 492 times