After an employee submits an online request for tuition waiver in Banner Self Service, the manager will receive an automated email with the following instructions for responding to the request.
- Login to My UNCC
- Click the Banner Self Service icon
- Select the Employee tab
- Select the Tuition Waiver for Managers option
- In the Request # column, click on the hyperlinked number next to the tuition waiver to Review the request(s).
- In the Manager Action section, select Approved or Denied.
- Answer the Job Related question by selecting Yes or No.
- Click Submit.
Result: You and the employee will receive an automated email confirmation.
Selecting Approved means:
- the employee’s enrollment in the requested course(s) will not adversely affect his or her normal employment obligations, and
- the employee’s regular work schedule has or will be adjusted to accommodate taking this course and the department’s operations will not be affected adversely by such alteration in schedule, and
- you (the manager) bear responsibility for ensuring that the employee completes all required employment obligations, and
- you (the manager) will approve other such requests for tuition waiver for employees similarly situated, in accordance with University Policy 501.
Selecting Denied means:
- the course meets during the employee’s regular scheduled work hours, and
- you will deny other such requests for tuition waiver for employees similarly situated, in accordance with University Policy 501, and
- you have met with the employee to discuss alternate work schedule options and determined that an alternate work schedule is IMPOSSIBLE.