There are a number of things that you can do or not do with Duo to limit problems.
- DO set up 2 devices - a primary device and a secondary device whenever possible
- DO use the "Remember me for 30 days" option on a trusted computer (not a public or shared one)
- DO keep the default When I log in setting to "Ask me to choose an authentication method" - automatically using one device can make managing settings very difficult
- DON'T worry about using Duo when traveling or during times of poor internet connectivity - see this FAQ on how the Duo app can generate a key for authentication even when there is no internet connection
- DO contact the IT Service Desk if you ever receive a Duo login prompt when you weren't expecting one