Campus Connection events are a vital part of the New Employee Onboarding course in Canvas so attending is compensable work time. According to research, onboarding programs that provide new employees with opportunities to network, explore the work environment, and build relationships in the campus community contribute to higher employee satisfaction, engagement, performance, and retention. New employees enrolled in the onboarding course at UNC Charlotte will will receive an email invitation to the Campus Connection events described below.
- After completing online modules 1 - 4 within the first 2 months on the job - a guided tour of the Popp-Martin Student Union to learn more about dining, shopping, services, NinerTech, and Student Affairs offices. After the tour, participants will receive a free lunch voucher to SoVi loaded on their Niner ID card courtesy of Auxiliary Services.
- After completing online module 5 within the first 3 months on the job:
- Employees hired between January-July will receive a private tour of the Judy Rose Football Center (field house, weight room, training room, and locker room) as well as the football stadium. After the tour, participants will receive a free ticket to a football game and access to discounted tickets for family and friends to join them. At the game, new employees will receive special recognition.
- Employees hired between August-December, will receive a private tour of the Halton Basketball Arena. After the tour, participants will receive a free ticket to a basketball game and access to discounted tickets for family and friends to join them. At the game, new employees will receive special recognition.
- After completing online module 6, within the first 4 months on the job - a guided tour of the Belk Gym and an introduction to the many health and wellness services available on campus. Participants will receive a free, 5-day gym pass.
- Shortly after the first year of employment, new employees and their managers will be invited to a fourth and final Campus Connection event - a one year anniversary reception in their honor.