Click image for larger size
NinerNET credentials give access to a variety of computing systems including Banner, Gmail, GCal, Google Drive, Dropbox, Canvas, Network Drives (H/S/J). A supervisor needs to identify what, if any systems, the supervisor needs access to after an employee is terminated.
- When an employee separates from the university, the NinerNET account becomes disabled; the exact timing varies based on employee role. See this FAQ for more details
- In rare cases, a supervisor/designee may need to expedite that process e.g. an employee gets fired.
- Supervisors who need to expedite a termination MUST talk to Human Resources Employee Relations team BEFORE filling out the form below.
How these requests are handled will vary depending on whether or not the employee has other roles or positions:
- If employee only holds one position and is not a student as well, the account can be terminated and access given to supervisor if needed. Complete this form.
- If employee is also a student, access to Gmail, Calendar, Drive cannot be terminated or changed but access to shared network drives (S/J) can be terminated. Complete this form.
- If employee holds multiple jobs, access to Gmail, Calendar, Drive cannot be terminated or changed but access to shared network drives (S/J) can be terminated. Complete this form.
- Once the form is completed:
The information will be sent to HR
- HR will coordinate with the supervisor and OneIT on the account termination and getting Banner information updated.
- HR will communicate impact to employee.
- OneIT will communicate with supervisor/designee when account access has been terminated.
- Departments will need to identify department specific assets and access that needs to be terminated.
- See the attached flowchart infographic.
A supervisor/designate will need to determine:
- What Date and Time should accounts be terminated?
- Is continued access to email needed by supervisor?
- What should the out of office message say?
- Should the Google Drive data be switched to the supervisor?
- Does the employee have access to other email accounts that need to be terminated?
- What will be the last date of employment?
- Is there a pay out?
- Does the supervisor need access to Google Calendar?
- Does the supervisor need access to Dropbox files?
- ID Access to Buildings will also be terminated through this process.