Starting June 1, 2020, the old Early Entry Form (a PDF file requiring signatures) has been replaced with a online Graduate Petition using academicpetition.uncc.edu. Details are below.
First Semester: Hold - Early Entry Form
As soon as you receive admit letter and you declare your Intent-to-Enroll through the Graduate Application Portal, the University puts a "Early Entry Program" hold on your registration
To remove this hold, you must immediately do the following.
Fill out an Early Entry Program Petition at academicpetition.uncc.edu:
- Fill out the online Petition in consultation with your Undergraduate Adviser.
- On the form, list at least one grad. course that you want to take either (i) in your first Early Entry semester or (ii) in an up coming semester while an Early Entry student.
- The listed grad. course can be taken either with double counting or without double counting.
- To double count the course, you must list the both the grad. course and the double counted undergrad. course.
- Standard Double Counted Courses: A list of standard double counted course pairs is found in the Graduate Catalog, section Computer Science, M.S., Early Entry"
- Non-Standard Double Counted Courses:
- Consult with your Undergraduate Adviser on any desired non-standard, double counted course pair.
- 3000/6000 Courses: Starting with the 2018-2019 Catalogs, no 3000-6000 double-counting course pairings exist.
Early Entry students must meet the requirements of the Catalog year under which they are graduating.
Exceptions will only be granted in rare circumstances and the Early Entry Petition submitted prior to taking the course must explicitly make the request.
- Submit the Petition.
- The Petition will be automatically, electronically routed to a sequence of individuals for their approval. The sequence is your Undergraduate Advisor, then your Graduate Advisor, then the CS MS Program Director and eventually the Registrars Office.
- When the Petition is finally approved by Registrars Office, you will receive an email indicating approval.
- At that point, you still must register for the graduate section of the course in order for double counting to occur.
Typically you will submit additional Early Entry Program Petitions for later semesters.
The Petition must be completed before the first day of classes of the semester in you wish to take the listed course(s).
The procedure to follow for these additional Petitions is the same as discussed above in Section "First Semester".