Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata
- Whole disk encryption is a technology which protects information stored on computer hard drives through encryption.
- When you login with your Ninernet account, your password unencrypts the drive so that the information is readable.
- UNC Charlotte uses Bitlocker for Windows and FileVault for Mac.
- In case of problems, authorized IT staff can also decrypt the drive.
- Contact the IT Service Desk if you have questions or problems, 704-687-5500 or help.uncc.edu.