ITS has a firewall in place to prevent unauthorized access to or from the University network. Ports can be opened when there is a legitimate academic or business need. Requests for new firewall rules require review and approval by ITS to ensure there are no inherent risks in opening up access through the firewall.
- To get started, go to https://servicecatalog.uncc.edu/service/secure-computing/firewall
- Click on the Firewall Rule Request Form button
- If prompted, log in using your NinerNET credentials
- Fill out all required fields. In the fields asking for contacts/owners, click the … button and search for the user(s) to select them.
- For the Reason for this request: field, be sure to be descriptive in why you need these firewall changes to be made.
- To add requests, go to the following section:
- Enter the Source IP Address/Hostname and select the appropriate Protocol.
- Enter the Destination IP Address/Hostname, Port and whether you need to Add a new request, Modify an existing rule, or Delete an existing rule.
- To add this rule to the request, click the Add rule button.
- By default, the information in the Source/Destination box will remain, in case you need to make multiple, similar requests. To reset this information back to blank boxes, click the Reset button.
- You can keep adding as many rules as needed.
- Add any Additional Notes: into the box.
- When the request is ready to be submitted, click the Submit button at the bottom of the form.