The online tuition waiver process is built on the reporting relationships in Banner. When employees initiate the tuition waiver request in Banner Self Service, they are asked to review and confirm the manager relationship as pictured below. If the reporting relationship is not corrected, the employee’s request for tuition waiver will be routed to the wrong manager, and processing will be delayed.
Follow the steps below to correct the management relationship in NinerTalent and Banner.
- Log in to NinerTalent
- From the User Group drop-down menu in the top right corner, select Initiator
- From the 3 Dot Icon in the top left corner, select Position Management
- From the Position Descriptions drop-down menu select the relevant position type
- Click to select the position that needs a supervisor change.
- In the upper right corner, click to select the appropriate option:
- If SHRA, click Update Position Description
- If EHRA Non-Faculty, click Modify Position Description
- If Faculty, click Faculty Modify Position
- In the Reason For Action field, click to select Supervisor Change
- In the Position Change Summary field, specify name and position number of new supervisor, and click Next
- On the Supervisory Position tab, search for supervisor name and click the radio button beside the new manager’s name
- Click Save
- From the Take Action on Position Request drop-down menu, select Submit-Move to HR Review Details.