Before you begin the tuition waiver application process, there are four stages through which you will navigate:
Stage 1 - Explore
- The undergraduate application process - visit the UNC Charlotte Office of Adult and Evening Services (OASES).
- The graduate application process - visit the UNC Charlotte Graduate School .
- Visit the UNC System Program and Degree Finder to explore your options.
- IMPORTANT! Each institution within the UNC System has the right to define tuition waiver policies and procedures unique to their campus. Unfortunately, some institutions have elected NOT to accept tuition waiver for some courses that are receipt-supported (e. g. the UNC Chapel Hill Executive MBA program, MBA@UNC, MPA@UNC, MPH@UNC, Masters of Accounting, and or study abroad courses.) Explore the tuition waiver policies and procedures specific to the institution you are considering - check their website or contact their Registrar's Office.
Stage 2 - Apply
- Submit an application to the university of your choice through their admissions process and get accepted.
- Identify the course(s) you want to register for.
- Meet with your manager to discuss your plans. If the class you want to take meets during your regular work day, work with your manager to create an alternate work schedule, if possible.
Stage 3 - Enroll
Stage 4 - Apply for Tuition Waiver
- Submit a UNC Charlotte online Tuition Waiver application.