Be sure to use a computer, not a phone/tablet, when signing up for Duo.
Watch the below video for a brief, general overview of the Duo enrollment process
The following instructions are a guide through the Duo Self-Enrollment process
The best experience with Duo is using the mobile app. These instructions are written for that experience. If you need to configure a fob, see this FAQ.
Before you begin, make sure you can do these three things:
- You're at a computer, not phone/tablet
- Have 5 minutes to complete the sign up
- If possible, enroll two devices (e.g. mobile/office/home phone, a tablet)
- Browse to ninernet.uncc.edu
- Click Manage Account and login
- Click Secure your account now in the Duo Two-Factor Authentication section
- Click Start setup
- Select the type of device you wish to add and click Continue (it is recommended that you add your mobile phone first - it will become your default device)
- Enter your mobile phone number, check the box to confirm number and click Continue
Follow the instructions below to configure your phone
- Click Add another device to add a backup authentication device. Follow prompts to add additional devices
- When you are done adding devices leave the When I log in: setting to "Ask me to choose an authentication method"
Click Continue to Login to complete
- Click Send Me a Push
- Duo is now enabled for your NinerNET account. Click Logout