- All information regarding a student’s accommodations and status as a student registered with the Office of Disability Services are considered confidential and protected under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
- Information that is shared with faculty is intended for the purpose of arranging and providing accommodations.
- In order to protect the confidentiality of students, do not speak to students about their accommodations in the classroom or in areas in which you might be overheard (for example, speaking with a student in your office with the door open as other students wait outside).
- Conversations pertaining to disability, eligibility and/or specifics of access to accommodations should be in private, rather than in the presence of peers and/or within the regular classroom. This includes situations where the individual’s disability is obvious.
- Do not discuss or disclose a student's accommodations or disability status with other students, even if those students are also registered with Disability Services
Double click "Content by Label" below. Under "Labels*" in the left menu, type all labels relevant to this page (those you have added to the page by clicking the "Labels" icon in the bottom left). When finished, delete this comment!